LA County Clean Energy Science Inquiry & Engineering
Sponsored by Arconic Foundation, this workshop will connect teachers with the knowledge and tools to prepare the next generation of clean energy leaders.We are partnering with the Los Angeles County Office of Education to hold these workshops open to all educators in Los Angeles County.
We have two one-day workshop opportunities available:
March 19, 2020: Grades K-5
March 20, 2020: Grades 6-12
- Explore energy content knowledge including energy fundamentals, circuits, and renewable energy activities
- Apply best practices for engineering design
- Learn NGSS-aligned teaching strategies
- Collaborate with peers across the region
- Get science kits of hands-on materials for their school/district
- Have time for extended hands-on engagement
Understanding the fundamentals of energy and electricity crosses disciplines and career pathways, while empowering the next generation to become active participants in the emerging clean energy economy.