- Students will develop tools to use in the Engineering Design Process.
- Students will learn drag and drop programming with Sphero Edu (formerly Lightning Lab).
- Students will determine how series and parallel circuits affect voltage and current.
- Students will understand how to use photovoltaic sources to charge a SPRK+.
- Students will design a chariot to carry a photovoltaic power source for a SPRK+.
- Students will learn to program a SPRK+ ball and chariot through a maze.
This unit incorporates basic programming knowledge and solar energy into an engineering design challenge using Sphero SPRK+ robots. The theme for this challenge centers on the idea of Mars rovers, and the challenges faced in space exploration, specifically remote control of exploration tools and the energy generation needed to power these... View full description >>