Forest Grove Light & Power
- none -
Forest Grove Light & Power was founded in 1895 and is the third oldest municipal electric utility in the state of Oregon. Power was first generated locally by means of a small hydroelectric plant and later by steam and diesel generators. Since 1939, Forest Grove Light & Power has purchased the majority of its power from Bonneville Power Administration.
With help from the BEF, the utility installed a 7.9-kilowatt photovoltaic (PV) project and charging stations at the utility offices in 2010. The project is directly visible from the street and has a live data kiosk in the office lobby.
Energy monitoring services provided to the utility by Solar 4R Schools™ connects real-time performance data from their PV system to the Energy Exploration Center at Solar4RSchools.org. Students and educators nationwide can chart, graph and analyze the system's performance data for educational purposes. A touchscreen kiosk located within the facility allows employees and visitors to interact with the system's live performance data while learning about the science and benefits of renewable energy.